Located in the Sage Recreation Center
(Fitness Center, across from the equipment).
Hours: Monday thru Saturday, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Caring Neighbors has been around for more than 3 years, yet at least once a week they hear about someone who could have used their help if only they had known about the situation. If you have a neighbor who may need a little support or is going through a rough time, please let them know. In addition to sending handmade cards, they provide meals after surgery, make friendly follow-up visits, check-up calls, and have both medical and children's items to lend out to residents.
They sponsor an annual food and toy drive, operate the snack portion of the Cyber Cafe and assist those in need in our neighboring Foothills community. Currently, they are accepting specific items for our troops and maintain an ongoing food collection for the Foothills and community and other charitable organizations.
If you are interested in volunteering and would like more information, please stop by the office.
Caring Neighbors – Visiting Team
Caring Neighbors is here to help support our growing community. We are a resource for your needs to include offering home visits, by Visiting Team Members, during a resident’s time of need.
Visiting Team Members:
- Provide home visits for post hospital stays;
- Make weekly or monthly well-check calls on residents;
- Provide visits to permanent or temporary homebound individuals;
- Provide visits during a resident’s time of grieving;
- Provide visits to our Sun City Festival neighbors needing a friend.
During our visits we:
- Read to or with a resident;
- Watch television, movies or sports;
- Play cards, board games, etc.;
- Listen and learn from and about our neighbor;
- Share quiet reflective time.
We are not able to:
It is our absolute pleasure to be able to visit with and learn more about our wonderful neighbors here at Sun City Festival. We hope our visits initiate some fun, generate some smiles, and provide comfort and cheer when most needed.
- Prepare food on-site or deliver food;
- Perform errands or grocery shopping;
- Transport the resident to appointments;
- Visit with residents temporarily confined to a hospital or rehabilitation facility.
If you are, or you know one of your neighbors is, in need of the Caring Neighbors’ Visiting Team’s services, please contact the Caring Neighbors office at: 928-252-2118, or Charlotte Stout at 928-252-6324.
Collecting Items For Homeless Veterans
Do you have clothing you are not wearing? Please bring your good, used men's and women's clothing into the Caring Neighbors Office. The Homeless Vets also need: New or good condition twin size sheets, washable pillows, towels, hotel samples of shampoo, body wash, lotions, toothbrushes, toothpaste.
All donations should be brought to the Caring Neighbors Office in the Sage Center, across from Fitness. Office Hours: Mon.-Sat. 10 am - 2 PM. Phone: 928-252-2118 Thanks for your support!